Kaspersky Anti-Hacker is a personal firewall that is designed to safeguard a
computer running a Windows operating system. It protects the computer against
unauthorized access to its data and external hacker attacks from the Internet or
an adjacent local network.
Kaspersky Anti-Hacker performs the following functions:
• Monitors the TCP/IP network activity of all applications running on your
machine. If it detects any suspicious actions, the program notifies you and
if required, blocks the suspect application from accessing the network.
This allows you to preserve confidential data on your machine. For exam-
ple, if a Trojan tries to transmit any data from your computer, Kaspersky
Anti-Hacker will block this malware from accessing the Internet.
• The SmartStealth™ technique makes it difficult to detect your computer
from outside. As a result, hackers will lose the target and all their attempts
to access your computer will be doomed to fail. Besides, this allows for
prevention of the DoS (Denial of Service) attack of all types. At the same
time you will not feel any negative influence of this mode while working on
the Web: the program provides conventional transparency and accessibil-
ity of the data.
• Blocks the most common hacker network attacks by permanently filtering
the incoming and outgoing traffic, and also notifies the user about any
• Monitors for attempts to scan your ports (these attempts are usually fol-
lowed by attacks), and prohibits any further communication with the at-
• Allows you to review the list of all established connections, open ports,
and active network applications, and if required, lets you terminate un-
• Allows you to secure your machine from hacker attacks without special
configuration of program settings. The program allows simplified man-
agement by choosing one of five security levels: Block all, High, Medium,
Low, Allow all. By default the program starts with the Medium level, which
is a training mode that will automatically configure your security system
depending on your responses to various events.
• Allows flexibility of security system configuration. In particular, you can set
the program to filter network operations into wanted and unwanted, and
you can configure the Intrusion Detection System.
• Allows you to log certain security-related network events to various spe-
cial-purpose logs. If required, you can define the detail level of the log en-
KASPERSKY ANTI HACKER